Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Crab in Bali

Started by cdoyal ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Crab in Bali

7 posts
  1. post-6631-1161451861_thumb.jpgCan you guys help me with this. My apologies if it's obvious but I'm usually a Carribean diver.
  2. Cool crab. I dont know him. Leslie should be able to find him.

  3. I'm pretty sure that's an Elegant Squat Lobster, Allogalathea elegans.

     

     

    Cool shot!

  4. Thanks for the kind words, guys. I did a search for the elegant squat lobster and while the body

    shape is similar, I have yet to find the black and white combination.

  5. It sure is Allogalathea elegans. The black and white variant is actually quite common. I've seen it all over indonesia and the Philippines. It is also in the middle photo of page 240 of the Debelius book on Crustaceans.

  6. You guys are the best. Thanks!

  7. Justa quickie to confirm what Matt said, this for sure is the Elegant squat lobster and can be seen on a few different colour forms throughout the Asia - Pacific. Sadly up to now there is only really one book on crustaceans by Helmut Debelius.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.