Ok computer gurus, I'm trying to move a copy of PS Elements from one computer to another. I've copied the folder to a CD-ROM but can't find the install or setup file. Any help would be appreciated.
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Moving Photoshop from one computer to another
Started by cdoyal ·
- 5Posts
- 5Replies
Read-only discussion
Moving Photoshop from one computer to another
-
-
Nice try there but even though you can do it with some programs that have been installed by just copying the folder that gets created in the my programs folder, you will find that you need he original setup program that installed it because there are other folders and files that the program would of created when you installed it.
-
Typically, you'll need the program CD to re-install. Also, Adobe limits you to two installs. They keep track of this online when you register the program. After two installs, you'll need to call and explain ... like a hard drive failure, or that you've removed it from one computer and reinstalled it on another. Just moving the program folder will almost never work for any program, since there are registry entries and other stuff that occurs during installation from the program CD. Good luck.
-
I'm not sure if elements requires "authentication", but if so, you should de-authorize the old computer, then reinstall and authorize the next.
Jack
-
I'm not sure if elements requires "authentication", but if so, you should de-authorize the old computer, then reinstall and authorize the next.
Jack
Thanks, Guys. I just ended up buying a newer version and installing it on both systems.
Chris