Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Houseing and strobes

Started by Alex Ford ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Houseing and strobes

2 posts
  1. Hello there.

    This is my first post and I need some advice from some more experienced members

    I have been useing a small digital. Fuji 810 with Sea and Sea arms and a Sea and Sea YS90 strobe,(not TTL) for this last year. I have now bought a Olypmus E330 and have now to choose an appropriate houseing and strobe set up.

    After reading the review by Jeff Mullins and also the fact that I am based relatively close to their factory,( a boat ride and a border crossing away) I am tempted to go for the BAR 10 housing as in the review.

    I would like to go for a TTL set up as it saves time and grey cells(i will have enough to do with trying to get the other settings correct).

    If possible I would like to use the Sea and Sea YS 90 that I have but are there any companies that produce a compatable syn cord for this combination.

    If that is not possible I could use this as a second strobe with the fibre optic set up as I have now.

    What would be the best TTL strobe that I could use, preferably not the Olympus models as they are designed primarily for above water use and may not have the requirements needed for U/W work, (or so I have been told.)

    Also I have only read the one review about the BAR 10 housings. do any of you know any problems with this housing especially the sealing system.

     

    Alex

  2. The YS90 will only work in manual with the E330 and the HW TTL converter. Here in green you'll find a list of strobes that offer TTL functionality:

    http://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/cgi-bin/cg...p;kamera=o_e330

     

    As for the 10Bar housing, can't help you much. I've handled them on land only, never underwater.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.