Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

advanced textbooks

Started by Kasey ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

advanced textbooks

6 posts
  1. I am looking to purchase some advanced texts on underwater photography. I'm considering the Jim Church composition book among others. Some of the Doubliet picture books might be equally useful - teaching by example.

     

    I'm hoping for input from other participants on which books provide the best comprehensive guide to lighting and composition. Keep in mind that what I'm looking for must go beyond shutter speeds and f-stops and reducing backscatter, etc. I want text that help me get to the next phase of artistic photography.

     

    Thanks

  2. I took a class by Burt Jones and Maureen Shimlock called "Finding the Art in the Animal" last year. It was just what you're looking for!

     

    They are the author of Secret Seas - you might want to have a look at it. It's not a teaching book though.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Kasey,

     

    Don't forget if you use the 'Doubliet method' you have to take down 3 assistants and 11-12 camera set-ups!

  4. You bitter, bitter little man.

     

    I told you I will work for cheap as an assistant Bob.

  5. No, I am not bitter - Just stating a famous fact!

  6. Since yahsemtoughis the only assistance volunteer for now, I'll be the second.

    One more place!

    ;)

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.