Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Royalty issues about music

Started by redryder ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Royalty issues about music

4 posts
  1. I would like to send to a couple of contests my latest video recorded in Rangiroa - French Polynesia.

    I have used commercial music for the editing and I am worried about the legal aspects. Are there any specifical concerns about video contests ? I am wondering wether the organization (the contest show) is responsible for public show off or me ?

     

    Thanks

  2. It will be copyright so you cannot use it unless you pay for the use of the commercial music. $$$$$

     

    Try looking for some royalty free stuff.

    Lots of sites on the net sell it.

  3. Copyright law prohibits public display, not just commercial use. A video contest would count as public display.

  4. This is a topic that keeps coming up. There are so many sites and companies that sell good quality, royalty free music....why bother with potential trouble by not going the royalty free way. I still say that for quick results and quality music, Sonic Fire 4 can't be beat.

    Steve B)

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.