Also encoded it out to a progressive DVD file, and even though it's not perfect, I'm sure we can slip it in with the HDV stuff.
Really awesome Wags - unreal that was shot in 4:3 originally!
awesome stuff Wags .. i don't know much about the techside of video, but the steadyness and coolness of that is very cool .. lucky you had your tripod with you !
Wags,
It looks really sharp on the web...not sure how it looks on the big screen. How do you rate it when blown up on a larger set?
shawn
Yes indeed it was 4.3 and slowing it down to 25% speed made it look steady.
I encoded out a m2t and progressive DVD file as well and yes they are usable, but I would not edit up a heap of clips like this but sneaking some in here and there you could get away with it.
Some other parts of the coral spawn clip look real bad so it looks like if you do it on very clear stuff it's okay. It's the zooming the 4.3 in to fill the 16.9 frame were you loose the quality. Chaging the aspect pixel ratio to 16.9 makes it look all out of shape.
It's hard to rate it as each one I have done results in different quality as it all depends on how clear the clip was.
I'll post some others soon.
Definitely a beautiful clip, nice and steady as well.