Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Little THRASS clip we did.

Started by wagsy ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Little THRASS clip we did.

5 posts
  1. Well we don't just film underwater but do abit uptop as well.

    Here is a little demo clip Kelly and I did for THRASS Australia.

     

    It was shot with the little SONY A1 and cut up with EDIUS 4.

     

    Anyhow have a laugh...

     

    21 megs wmv

  2. Ok Wags,

    i wonder what other types of productions you are doing that you can't share on wetpixel;) LOL

    I am waiting to see your next production ..."Finding Floppy Shark" as a sequel to Finding Nemo.

    Roll with it baby.

    shawn

  3. Hey Wags, I just love those funny accents you Aussies have. Some of the best uw footage I've seen here.;-)

    Actually, the whole production was quite cute. What does Thrass represent? Never heard the word.

    Steve B)

    ps. I'm with Shawn, I want the ones that can't be shown. I can just imagine the editing now.

  4. You guys all have just one thing on you minds :D

     

    THRASS stands for Teaching Handwriting & Spelling Skills.

    Its a program that teaches kids the 44 different sounds instead of just the 26 letters of the alphabet.

     

    So like the words moon, screw, glue you just teach the kid that oo, ew, & ue all make the same sound. They may spell screw as scroow but they can say and read it easy, you then just say well done but you used the wrong oo sound, you should use ew in this instance.

     

    Using the normal way you teach the kids all the sounds of each letter and then they get confused as the letters of the alphabet all sound different for different words.... like knife...easy just to just teach them kn makes the sound n and so does nn and be done with it.

     

    Kids that have really bad dyslectic and the experts have given up on pick up THRASS easy and so do ABORIGINAL kids or kids that english is not their 1st language. Soon all schools in Australia will use the method as even AUS universities are taking it onboard and the AUS government on national TV have said it works so well but have reluctantly taken it onboard as it's a commercial product, but it will happen as it just works so well.

     

    So if you have a kid with reading and spelling problems..like me :lol: try it....

    Edited by wagsy
  5. Can I say " I didn't moon you, so screw you.' That's 3 out of the 4 words you mentioned.

    Actually, I've been teaching English at the middle school level for too many years and have a huge number of Hispanics from Mexico for whom English is a 2nd language. The program could help them I would guess.

    Steve B)

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.