I own a manufacturing company that among other things produce dive gear for some of the bigger players in the industry. We have developed a technique to produce semi rigid bags that offer a great deal of protection to equipment without looking or weighing like a pelican case. I am considering starting development of a UW camera bag that will fit "Most" airlines current carry on restrictions.
Since many of you have been traveling with your cameras for some time and have tried various home brewed and commercially available land camera bags I am hoping for your input. Tell me what features you find mandatory in a carry on such as this, what would be nice to have, what gear you feel you MUST carry on verse what you are willing to check in cargo. Also how many of you travel with your camera in the housing to save space? Do you feel there is any risk or other benefit in doing this?
For those creative folks out there> No I dont think adding Helium bladders to the bag is a solution to making it any lighter. LOL
