Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Frame and Matting

Started by scottyb ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Frame and Matting

11 posts
  1. Has anybody found a good place to buy frames and matting on the web?

  2. I have had good luck with: pictureframes.com

  3. Hey thanks for the tip. I ordered two frames with matting. If they are as good as they look, I will order more and also report back.

  4. It's not on the web, but my wife just got two 8x10 frames with matting to reduce the size to 5x7 for $16 at A.C. Moore, which is a craft store. Might be worth a look at something comparable...

  5. They have a lot of ready-made frames. I'm not sure if they would be that cheap. However, I ordered a couple custom 24x18's with matting and non-glare glazing done, for under $80 ea. Around here that would cost 1.5 - 2 times that and they claim that they will ship the next business day.

  6. Anyone have a source for 13"x19" frames?

  7. The aforementioned web site can do frames any size you want. With or without matting and glazing.PictureFrames.com

  8. I was hoping to find pre-made frames and save some $

  9. I find some of the common photography sizes (8x12) and others hard to find in ready made. It looks like their customs are about 20% higher than the same style ready-made. BTW I placed the order for my customs Fri evening and they were shipped on Tue.

  10. Hi Gang,

     

    Why buy custom sized frames - this is digital, right! Crop the photo instead to fit the aspect ratio of "off the shelf" frames perhaps?

     

    Ikea has some reallly nice black aluminum frames that some with a "graph paper" matte/white paper that you can cut to size. They are really nice and reallly cheap (I think $11).

     

    Cheers

    James

  11. I received the custom frames yesterday. They were as described and I'm very pleased. If you consider that I ordered them Fri evening, they were delivered to my office in 4 working days. Thanks for the tip, platzja

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.