Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

I don't know this Nudy

Started by Sven ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

I don't know this Nudy

4 posts
  1. 7cm long, seen at 15m depth in the Mediterrean.

    Anybody knows this friend ?

    Thanks for having a look.

    Sven.

     

    286641951_402f741b54_o.jpg

  2. As my friend Arne Kuilman put in on my flickr site:

     

    Looks like Dendrodoris limbata with a not so marbled texture. The yellow color mantle is consistent with the species. Max. 7 cm size and endemic to the Mediterranean sea.

    The Dendrodoris grandiflora does not have this nice yellow mantle. Limbata actually means "margin".

  3. Hi Sven,

     

    I think this is Platydoris argo. See: http://www.medslugs.de/E/Med/Platydoris_argo.htm - it's quite variable in colour. The gills on your animal don't look like a Dendrodoris to me and Dendrodoris has a smooth skin on the back whilst yours is tuberculate.

  4. @Bernard.

     

    thanks. think I'll name him Platydoris argo (Linnaeus, 1767).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.