Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Street Bike Clip

Started by wagsy ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Street Bike Clip

9 posts
  1. For those that have never ridden a BIG BORE street bike. Check this clip out, just shows you why even a $$$ powerfull car has no chance compared to a standard big bore bike.

     

    Watch how fast he comes down from 300km to 120 and then back up again

     

    I think the guy was abit mad though to do it on the TRUCK BARN :D

     

    BIKE CLIP

    Edited by wagsy
  2. Yes. He has chosen to put his life in the hands of the decision-making process of some anonymous and possibbly inattentive truck drivers. I suppose he knows how he is going to die. I did this once on the M25 in the UK. The difference was it was a completed stretch that had not been handed over to the Ministry of Transport and I was able to rent it from the constuctors for three days. Even so, on reflection, it was still bloody dangerous!

    Edited by John Bantin
  3. John what were you riding and how much it cost you to rent?

     

    I was once in a 40 min police chase with the CBR1000 on a loney Western Australian Road. Nice sunny day, empty road, full leathers, full tank, new tyres and it was a Sunday...just could not resist.. :D

     

    Check this guy out . He is pretty good.

     

    AMAZING

  4. I was actually doing a photograph for an ad for Shell Gemini motor oil with a (hired) Porsche 911 Turbo. I owned a BMW M3 at the time. My PA had a big Honda road bike. I hadn't ridden one since I came off in 1976. However, what would you do if you had 4.5km of motorway to yourself for 3 days?

    At one point a police patrol car stopped on a bridge and two officers made their way down the embankment to ask what we were doing. I said, "Get off my motorway - I've always wanted to say that to you policemen!" They had to laugh.

    I am not very good on bikes names. I remember seeing John Surtees at the IoM TT in 1960 with everyone saying they had never seen a good Japanese bike! At approaching 60 years old, I am now begiining to suffer from the long term results of accidents I 'fully recovered from' in the seventies.

    Back to diving - it's much safer.

  5. What would life be without toys?

     

    For those with big-bore street bikes, I will happily give you a 5 second lead against my new love, the Ariel Atom, on the road course of your choice... please note, small-bore race bikes, with their featherweight handling, need not apply, lest I be embarrased...

     

    All the best (pull those G's!), James

  6. Hey Fdog, that's a wild looking beast.

    Never heard of them before.

     

    What's one of those worth?

  7. Here are some specs on the Suzuki Hayabusa GSX 1300

     

    1st Gear : 135 Kph

    2nd Gear : 185 Kph

    3rd Gear : 230 Kph

    4th Gear : 275 Kph

    5th Gear : 305 Kph

    6th Gear : ??? Kph

    0-100 takes 3 seconds

    0-200kph takes about 7.6 secs

    Standard 400m takes 9-10 seconds

  8. a bit tame, :D , try this, Le Mans full 24 circuit in a Porsche 956, before the Mulsanne got crippled with the chicanes and the bump flattened. Oh, the right hand kink along the Mulsanne taken at full throttle and no sign of the merest lift.

     

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=13...+mans&hl=en

  9. Hey Fdog, that's a wild looking beast.

    Never heard of them before.

     

    What's one of those worth?

    Used, with the big engine, about $33,00 USD. New, about $45,00 USD imported. Worth every penny when you leave someone behind with a single squeeze of the accellerator or flick through a corner.

     

    Although the highway patrol is a pain. Takes some talking to convince them it's really street legal.

     

    Gotta agree with you about the big bikes, though...pull the trigger - ride the bullet!

     

    All the best, James

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.