Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Shark Diver Magazine

Started by yahsemtough ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Shark Diver Magazine

11 posts
  1. Just got the first issue of Shark Diver Magazine and I am pretty impressed with the photos.

     

    Also nice to see a couple of friends with articles (Abernethys and Fallows).

     

    Looking forward to reading it on my trip.

  2. Just got the first issue of Shark Diver Magazine and I am pretty impressed with the photos.

     

    Also nice to see a couple of friends with articles (Abernethys and Fallows).

     

    Looking forward to reading it on my trip.

    Great to see you like it!

     

    I'm the Circulation Director of Shark Diver Magazine. We met Eric this past week at the Abernethy's. We are headed up to Toronto for the Outdoor Adventure Show February 21 - 23 at the International Centre.

     

    If anyone is in town or close by come by our booth at the Scuba section. Say you heard it from this forum and I'll get you a free 1 year subscription!

     

     

     

    Lq

  3. I took it to Roatan this past week and passed it around does that count. I think I may have increased your subscriptions there.

     

    Maybe I can right my trip off some how.

     

    How did you enjoy the Abernethy's? I was just emailing Anna today about my trip to Roatan and thinking about the expedition coming up in July with Eric and Watt

  4. If anyone is in town or close by come by our booth at the Scuba section. Say you heard it from this forum and I'll get you a free 1 year subscription!

    What's up, Al?

     

    How come *I* didn't get a free one year subscription? :unsure: just kidding. I'm happy to support you guys. :) Where are you checking this from? Your hotel room?

  5. Sorry it took so long to reply. So much going on.

     

    Just got back the day before and it's been non-stop. Distributors, advertisers...we've been on the phone for the past two days.

     

    Canada's Scuba show was real good to us. We ran into Neil Watson again. Great guy! Also, Peter Hughes was there, as well. The diving community was real excited about our magazine. Can't wait till it hits the newstands.

     

    I appreciate everyone's support. And thanks again, Eric, for those great pics. Here's one that you took:

  6. Whats the magazine like Todd?

     

    I trust it is not littered with ads? It is good to see the world is getting to grips with these money making institutions by banning them. I understand that the Bahamas is the only place left which carries out this unnatural spectacle.

     

    I believe sharks are to be experienced in their natural habitat and not being baited of force fed for the sake of tourism.

     

    Mark

  7. I've split off the shark baiting/feeding posts to another topic.

  8. Whats the magazine like Todd?

     

    I trust it is not littered with ads?

    Mark

    No, the magazine is not littered with ads. WE at SDM have committed ourselves to separating the ads from the articles. It makes it less cluttered and more enjoyable to read through than having to skip pages for continuations.

     

    Just another public service brought to you by SDM. :)

  9. Just a small update. We've added some new features to our website. Our "What's New" page contains a description of our promo tour for the magazine. You'll also find a shark dive giveaway for the northern bahamas with Hammerhead and Tiger sharks.

     

    Click on some of the links. You even find a short clip of us "attempting" to snowboard in Ohio. :rolleyes:

  10. Just a small update. We've added some new features to our website. Our "What's New" page contains a description of our promo tour for the magazine. You'll also find a shark dive giveaway for the northern bahamas with Hammerhead and Tiger sharks.

     

    Click on some of the links. You even find a short clip of us "attempting" to snowboard in Ohio.  :rolleyes:

    any chance of a sample in the UK?

  11. BTW, did I mention we've got some promotional giveways.

     

    Hammerheads and Tigers and Great Whites, OH MY!

     

     

    Check out our Website for more DETAILS!!!

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.