Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

D200 files using Save for web in cs2

Started by Photobeat ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

D200 files using Save for web in cs2

11 posts
  1. Converting a Raw to a TIFF then using "save for web" to convert to a high quality jpg, the color loss is tremendous when comparing the two.

     

    I have the same color space in tiff and jpg. I brought the tiff into cs1 and it did the same thing lots of color loss. Using older d100 files in CS2 the color loss was noticeable but nothing like the d200 files. Any suggestions?

  2. Converting a Raw to a TIFF then using "save for web" to convert to a high quality jpg, the color loss is tremendous when comparing the two.

     

    I have the same color space in tiff and jpg. I brought the tiff into cs1 and it did the same thing lots of color loss. Using older d100 files in CS2 the color loss was noticeable but nothing like the d200 files. Any suggestions?

     

    Hello Photobeat!

     

    Try this: before saving for web go to:

    edit>convert profile and convert from Adobe RGB to sRGB then save for web...

  3. I dont use Save for Web..

     

    Convert to 8 bit

    Resize image if neeeded (usually change to 72 dpi as well)

    convert to sRGB as stated above

    Save As (pick JPG)..you will be able to adjust quality before final save

     

    You may also want to bump up saturation just a little...sometimes will make a difference.

     

    M.

  4. Profile was already srgb - to get the jpg as good as my edited tiff I have to up the saturation slider to +29 on the jpg. Is this the norm for a 10 mp camera, more work to get the jpgs to look good, never had this issue with my d100.

  5. check out on the right hand side of the page that you are saving the file correctly, you may find the presets are saving it as a small low quality file. I use save for web quite a bit and is very handy for this purpose. especially where the file size and quality need to be right.

  6. check out on the right hand side of the page that you are saving the file correctly, you may find the presets are saving it as a small low quality file. I use save for web quite a bit and is very handy for this purpose. especially where the file size and quality need to be right.

     

    Has nothing to do with quality, it is almost like it is saving the jpg's as another color configuration/CYMK - or something - it says srgb like the tiff - this is strange.

     

    Other d200 users with CS2 see no difference on screen from large tiff's or raws converted to jpg?

    Edited by Photobeat
  7. Hi Stephen, I notice it too. I find it a problem when using the automate > web photo gallery which seems to really drop the saturation out of pics. I couldn't figure it out either having already converted to sRGB like you.

     

    So you aren't alone, but I don't have a solution either.

  8. I rarely use the "Save for web" option so I never noticed this before. I tested it on my CS2 with files in both adobeRGB and sRGB and saw the real loss of color saturation. What I usually do when making jpg for the web is run a batch job or use the image processor script (file>script>image processor) which allows you to specify a size and convert to sRGB. You can also include a photoshop action with the processor to add, say, a watermark-like label etc.

     

    I suspect the CS2 "Save for web" option is doing something like converting all the colors to index for a gif and killing your nicely prepared image. But I have no idea.

     

    I gues it's best just to avoid it for now at least.

     

    Rinjani

  9. I see the same thing. I don't why it does it. I don't have a solution. I just included a saturation boost to the action that resizes and places the copywrite symbol on the image. Then save for web.

  10. just thinking out loud here, could it be in a presets menu, other than that try posing the question on the Adobe CS2 forum?

  11. Save for web does just that; it makes a very small file suitable for web use. Jpegs have larger and smaller file sizes depending on quality; ie how much interpolation is being made.

     

    It's fine for graphics for a website, but you should use save as jpeg and dial int he quality you want to get a quality file. This also saves exif info, which "save for web" strips as well.

     

    I've gone to using Flickr, as they have an amazing algoritum that seems to make small file sizes and jpegs in various sizes available that are as good as the original.

     

    My workflow is to open in RAW, save out as PS or Jpeg, then upload the jpeg to flickr and either link or download a small sjpeg for use elsewhere.

     

    Browse around on Adobe.com's tutorials, forums and other info. CreativePro.com also has great tutorials.

    A copy of Real-World Photoshop, or Real-World Camera RAW is a good investment. Bruce Fraiser is a heck of an author, IMHO.

     

    Jack

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.