Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

new website

Started by writepic ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

new website

6 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    Here's my first proper post on wetpixel. I've been lurking here for a while, gosh all these

    forum categories make it a bit confusing.

     

    Anyway, I've been a photographer for longer years than a diver, but have been working towards

    my underwater dedicated site for a few months now.

     

    I got round to mostly starting it off and now is almost presentable.

     

    I'm quite new to video both above and below the surface, and got into it as I

    think it helps tell a whole story rather than just part of it, which I think is useful

    in these conservation concious days.

     

    I'm british, but travel way too much, living much of the year in Ecuador.

     

    Here is the link to my new site, I'd appreciate any (constructive) feedback anyone has to give.

     

    http://www.eyemocean.com

     

    Best regards,

     

    Mark.

  2. Hi Mark.

    Welcome to Wetpixel

     

    Nice site there, you have some great pics and cool video shots.

    That guy sitting on the coral was a classic in your video clip.

    Great clip but the jerkyness of it all was abit anoying. It needs to run at normal speed for some shots I recon.

     

    So looks like yet another place being destroyed by humans again.

    Keep up the great work.

     

    Paul Wags

  3. Very nice galleries; I never saw a feathertail ray before.

  4. hi wagsy,

     

    thanks for taking the time to comment, yes it does look a bit naff webside. i'd be interested to

    know the best web compressions for video.

     

    this 5 minutes clip is about 5 gig in original, and i thought if i got it down to 30 meg that would make it

    downloadable easy if you get me. i firstly imported it again at a new project 320 x 240 and then compressed

    that as muchc as poss, winding down to 56kbps streaming, i found 256k was way smoother but

    made it too big for download.

     

    unfortunately it's possible to find someone every day walking on the coral heads. this guy was just one of many. in defence of divers, it's usually just the snorklers, and nonplussed hotels who do nothing to control it.

     

    loftus: thanks.....yes the featehrtail was an occasional visitor, not often seen i think. very nice though.

     

    mark

  5. hi wagsy,

     

    thanks for taking the time to comment, yes it does look a bit naff webside. i'd be interested to

    know the best web compressions for video.

     

    this 5 minutes clip is about 5 gig in original, and i thought if i got it down to 30 meg that would make it

    downloadable easy if you get me. i firstly imported it again at a new project 320 x 240 and then compressed

    that as muchc as poss, winding down to 56kbps streaming, i found 256k was way smoother but

    made it too big for download.

     

    unfortunately it's possible to find someone every day walking on the coral heads. this guy was just one of many. in defence of divers, it's usually just the snorklers, and nonplussed hotels who do nothing to control it.

     

    loftus: thanks.....yes the featehrtail was an occasional visitor, not often seen i think. very nice though.

     

    mark

     

    I've been really impressed with H.264 encoding for the web. I've been amazed by how well it scales up to pretty high resolutions without losing a lot.

  6. Hey Mark,

     

    The site looks great even though I wasn't able to check out the videos. Not your fault, I'm at work. I'll have to check them out later.

     

    One thing that you might want to consider though is you background color. The white just looks to generic to me. If it was my site, I would add some color.

     

    I love the logo, very unique and eye catching.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.