Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

iView question

Started by Arnon_Ayal ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

iView question

6 posts
  1. I'm looking for a way to rebuild my iView catalog.

    After I imported most of my items into new catalog and organized it I found some errors, e.g. wrong date in the Exif data, after I fixed it I need to rebuild the same catalog again with the correct dates.

    For now the only solution I found is to re import all the images again but I want to avoid it and only re-synchronized the data.

    Any ideas how to do it?

  2. Under actions can't you just use the rebuild command?

  3. Arnon,

     

    I'm not really clear how you could have the wrong date in the EXIF, given that EXIF shouldn't be rewritten by anything short of deliberate (and probably unethical, to say the least) hacking of the original file's EXIF data. Now if your camera was set on the wrong date, I could see that, but the EXIF once set shouldn't change.

     

    You said:

    After I imported most of my items into new catalog and organized it

     

    This implies that you were rebuilding a catalog already?

     

    Anyway, there's no transparent way to force rebuilding of an entire iView catalog. The fastest way is to drag folders from catalog to catalog, rather than doing the reimport thing.

     

    If your date fields that you have changed are an annotation field, rather than changing the actual EXIF data, then you can write that data to the files (thus making it permanent) by using the "Sync Annotations" command, under the Action menu, and using the "Export annotations to original file" option.

  4. I'm not really clear how you could have the wrong date in the EXIF, given that EXIF shouldn't be rewritten by anything short of deliberate (and probably unethical, to say the least) hacking of the original file's EXIF data. Now if your camera was set on the wrong date, I could see that, but the EXIF once set shouldn't change.

    It’s quit easy actually :) I have done it by purpose.

    I participate twice in the SanDisk competitions in the red sea, one of the rules there is that you have to change the date in the camera to a specifics one just before the competitions start in order to try ensure that the images where taken in the time period of the competition, its not a very good solution since it can be overtake very simple but maybe its help some.

    So I had few folders with Exif time of 2045 and so, after the import to the iView catalog I noticed that and change the date back to the correct one using the jHead tool that I modified to feet my needs.

    So now I have the files with correct data but in the iView they are still in 2045 :) and I want them in the correct year without reloading my entire collection again.

  5. Have you tried the "Set capture date" function, under the Action menu. If you've already done that, then try rebuilding the item...

  6. Have you tried the "Set capture date" function, under the Action menu. If you've already done that, then try rebuilding the item...

    Thanks, it’s not exactly what I want since I have to do it for each image separately, but it’s good enough since I don't have so many images.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.