Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Off to Roatan

Started by yahsemtough ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Off to Roatan

14 posts
  1. Off to Roatan tonite. See you all back here on the 17th.

     

    There is still a chance for james to drop that S2 off at the Houston airport. I'll pay the extra baggage charges... LOL I'm kidding james

  2. Have fun, bring back some good photos!!

  3. Have a good one Todd. Look forward to the postings in a few weeks.

     

    Mark

  4. As long as you can have it back to my by Wednesday for my trip to Grand Cayman...

     

    Have a good trip Todd and watch out for those No-See-Ums!

     

    James

  5. Missing you already sweetheart

     

    Remember, that extra 'O' ring is not a spare!!!

  6. Safe trip Todd, shoot 'em up.

  7. Good for you James. Have a great time!

     

    I did just notice scuba gear gets a free pass on the plane for baggage. I never noticed before but, I don't think I could carry any more stuff anyway.

  8. Give us a report when you get back Todd.

     

    When I went it was November: DON'T GO TO THE BAY ISLANDS IN NOVEMBER!!!

     

    Unless you like a ton of rain every day for 14 straight. It was still great though.

     

    When is everyone doing the Port Hardy thing???

  9. Very curious for your pictures

    Roatan is very high on our wish list.

    Especially for the possibility to swim with dolphins overthere

  10. I was in the Bay Islands one Nov. Got the trip for half price due to being in the rainy season. Though many days it poured for a few hours I would say we got more sun than rain every day. Vis was maybe 30 to 50 and conditions for diving fine. Most important it is out of most of the Hurricane season. Wouldn't hesitate to go again at that time of the year.

  11. Especially for the possibility to swim with dolphins

    There is a choice of a dolphin dive, or a dolphin snorkel. My advice is to skip the dolphin dive, I tried it and was disappointed. The basic routine is to swim at 60' along a sandy bottom for 5 - 10 minutes, stop, watch the dolphins swim by, then repeat the process until bored, exhausted, or out of air. The Dolphin snorkel was much more interactive as you get to play in shallow water them.

  12. Anybody going to Roatan should check out the latest "Undercurrents". A couple of the resorts got bashed by the readers reports, Bayman Bay for everything and Co Co View for people getting sick from the food. It's not the problem that they got sick but that this apparently went on for quiet some time and wasn't dealt with.

     

    I stayed at Last Resort in '99 and everything was great (except the no-seeums). I have no personal experience with either, but it surprised me about Co Co View because I had heard better. I think a live-aboard is the way to go there anyway. Less bugs, more and better diving.

  13. Todd had the squits, funnily enough - well, not for him eh!

  14. Not feeling totally "solid" yet but feeling much better today. I don't know how I made it through work yesterday and shovelling the snow.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.