Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

codec question - HDV to DV (Pal widescreen)

Started by PCDiver ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

codec question - HDV to DV (Pal widescreen)

6 posts
  1. Hi guys,

     

    I currently use Adobe Premiere 1.5.1. I imported HDV footage from my Z1 and need to export to DV (Pal Widescreen). Wich compressor is recommended and which settings?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Peter

  2. Hi Peter.

    I use to use Procoder 2 and encode out DV files with that from Prem.

     

    Go file/export/movie then settings and file type Microsoft DV avi.

    Video settings to Pal or NTSC and pick your aspect ratio.

     

    Then click okay and save...

  3. Hi Peter.

    I use to use Procoder 2 and encode out DV files with that from Prem.

     

    Go file/export/movie then settings and file type Microsoft DV avi.

    Video settings to Pal or NTSC and pick your aspect ratio.

     

    Then click okay and save...

     

    That's what I did. It took over an hour for 4 minutes of footage and the end result was crap. :-(. I think I'm going to upgrade to PPro 2.0.

  4. Arrrr I don't think Prem Pro 2 will be any better.

    It comes with a new media encoder but it does not do DV.

     

    Encode the HDV back to a m2t file, feed it to the camera then back in as DV. :)

     

    Just another reason I left Prem Pro....encoding out 1 min with Edius from a HDV timeline to DV takes 3 mins.

    Edited by wagsy
  5. what about just downconverting the raw footage straight from the camera into dv?

  6. what about just downconverting the raw footage straight from the camera into dv?

     

    That would certainly work but I had my project finished based on HDV footage with HDV as output. I just wanted to create a test movie to see the difference.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.