I've lived in Monterey for over a year now and haven't made it to San Francisco. I hope to use the San Francisco Ocean Film Festival scheduled for January 19-21, 2007 as a good excuse to see the city.
I would love to meet a few fellow wetpixelers if anyone else is going to attend.
Take care,
John
cool!
i put it on the calendar. it is a big fight between diving related vs skiing related events on the wknds.
Randy and I went last year, it was great! The films are mostly conservation minded and some are not so pretty but very interesting for it. We met a videographer and his wife from the Netherlands that showed a great film on revitalization and regrowth of coral reefs; among many other nice folks that we talked to over the weekend.
It gets really full on Saturday afternoon-evening so make sure you're there early enough to get a good seat. And eat lunch first or bring a picnic. There aren't many restaurants at Fort Mason, and the line at the sandwich counter at Safeway gets reeeeeally long.
We had bought a weekend pass and set up an information table for NCUPS. We had an easel with some prints displayed and brought Randy's N90 in it's housing with a strobe all set up and ready to use. People asked lot's of questions about the equipment necessary for underwater photography, and were amazed at the brightness when we cycled the strobe for them. We're going to do it again. Look for us!
Kathy Mendes
Many thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to stop by the NCUPS booth, I had a great time participating in the Beach Dive photo contest last summer.