Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Tiger Sharks feeding on humpbacks

Started by Drew ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Tiger Sharks feeding on humpbacks

8 posts
  1. While we were recovering from DEMA, a humpback died and had several tiger sharks chomping on it in hawaiian waters... oh why didn't I go visit my friend in Kona instead of going to Borlando?!?

     

    Humpback chomped by tigers

  2. Because you wanted to give us a comprehensive report on all the lovely new video toys that have just come out mate.

     

    And anyway - Kosta was there to get some lovely pictures.

     

    Geez, viz does like nice though - doesn't it? :guiness:

  3. And a great report it was as well Drew...

     

    That's what we were filming in our RIB in 2003 when the Great White came up and bit it :guiness:

    Edited by wagsy
  4. you going to show us that one mr married man?

  5. Go to hdvunderwater.com and click on the shark clip in the Adventure Window area...it's at the end of the clip

     

    One more hour and I'm on the ferry...no turning back now.......

  6. Jump you fool..JUMP !!!

     

    Or hope that Tigger comes and bites the ferry....

     

    Good luck Wags & Kell..

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  7. While we were recovering from DEMA, a humpback died and had several tiger sharks chomping on it in hawaiian waters... oh why didn't I go visit my friend in Kona instead of going to Borlando?!?

     

    Humpback chomped by tigers

     

    Speaking of tiger sharks and whales, I dived on a humpback carcass one time here in the Keys, out in the Gulf Stream. Tigers were feeding on it then too. It was just Paul Caputo and me in the water, me with a camera and Paul with a boat hook. As we swam through the blood and bits of flesh drifting down from the carnage above the tigers seemingly dispatched one sentinel to meet us. I still remember the moment as the 12-footer swam right in front of me; stopped still in the water, arched his back, dropped his pecs and very succinctly communicated “my food, you need to go NOWâ€. I was glad to get back to the boat, even without many meaningful photos. I've only had sharks chase me out of the water a few times, but here the intent was pretty damn clear. Now I have a polecam for such images of opportunity!

     

    Steve

  8. Great story Steve.

     

    I've seen reef sharks do that once too and well, I decided it was time to depart.

     

    Todd

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.