Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Dive and Photo shop in Miami?

Started by Paulo Mateus ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Dive and Photo shop in Miami?

11 posts
  1. I'll be in Miami next January to buy my DSLR gear, but I don't know where to buy it from. Does anyone know any good photo shop and dive shop there?

     

    I've searched around a bit and found Austin's Diving. They are authorized dealers for Ikelite and Scubapro, so I think I will get some of my gear there. Does anyone know anything about this shop?

     

    But I don't know where to get my camera and lens. It's a Nikon D80, with Nikon 60mm and Tokina 12-24 lens.

  2. Hey Paulo

     

    I think your best option in that area is Reef photo located in Ft Lauderdale. The link is in the sponsors page to the right of this page

  3. 2nd that-talk to Ryan!!

  4. I third that - talk to Ryan at Reef Photo first. One of the most helpful guys in any business I have met.

  5. Yes Paulo, Ryan is good, and he has everything. Drop him a line with what you want and he will order it for you if he doesn't have it in stock.

     

    De brasileiro pra brasileiro, legal mesmo! :guiness:

     

    As for dive shops... There is a ton in Key Largo, that's usually where I go for dive gear.

  6. Yes, for Underwater Housing, and other underwater photography accessories, Ryan's Reef Photo is by far the best.

     

    Austin's dive shop is a great dive shop. That's where I allways got my tanks filled when I lived in miami. But they are not a camera shop. They are very nice and will order you a housing if you pay for it in advance, but they do not know anything about them or have anything in stock like Ryan does.

     

    As far as Non-Underwater Camera gear, you will want to go to Pitman. http://www.pitmanphotosupply.com/ . They are by far miami's bigest and have just about everything, and have very competative prices.

     

    If you're looking for non-photo related Dive Gear. You'll want to go to Divers Direct. http://www.diversdirect.com/ There are several in the area, but you want to go to the one in Key Largo if you can.

  7. Definately Ryan and Reef Photo.

     

    You will get the right stuff for your needs and understand why as he will take time to explain the equipment to you.

     

    Todd

  8. :)

     

    I have been a Ryan fan in the past. However, my sister has had less luck with him. I reserve judgement until I see how he handles that situation. I certainly hope he does well by her.

  9. :wacko:

     

    I have been a Ryan fan in the past. However, my sister has had less luck with him. I reserve judgement until I see how he handles that situation. I certainly hope he does well by her.

     

     

     

    ;)

    I am VERY glad to report that every good thing I have heard of Ryan is, indeed, true. My sister sent her rig to him for some upfits. The rig didn't respond too well to the repair, but Ryan came through. This happened almost on the eve of our departure to Borneo. He loaned my sister a housing and strobe to cover the trip. When it became apparant that the rig was doomed, Ryan made it right. THANKS!!

     

    The only true measure of a person's integrity is how they handle it when things go badly. I will sing his kudos to all I know.....

     

    Thanks Ryan for coming through for us.

  10. I talked to a sales person at Reef Photo, and he said they can have anything in stock by the time I´m there. I just simply have to place my order online, and my credit card won´t be charged until I get the equipment from the store. They really seem to have a good service, and very competitive prices also. I´ll definetely go with them.

     

    Thanks guys! You´ve helped me a lot!

     

    :wacko:

  11. Go to Reef Photo. They are the best in the neighbourhood.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.