Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Housing for the Canon EOS1D/EOS1Ds

Started by TJO ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Housing for the Canon EOS1D/EOS1Ds

7 posts
  1. The Japanese manufacturer Zillion makes houses for the Canon SLR cameras

    and will launch a house for the EOS1D/EOS1Ds. They handed out leaflets

    yesterday at a Dive Exhibition in Tokyo of their product line and this house

    was in the catalogue but with no price or any other specifics. Their sales

    representatives said nothing about the price, but that it will be very similar

    to their other Canon houses which you can have a look at their website (only

    in Japanese):

     

    ZILLION

  2. That D60 housing looks superb, total function nice optic and rated to 60m too. (I am learning Japanese by email!)

     

    Hope Eric doesn't see this!!!

  3. Zillion's houses are really very well made. Small and solid. I saw their Canon D60 house

    next to Sea&Sea's and you can not believe they are for the same camera. The Zillion

    one is really small.

  4. Yeah -- I played with this housing a bit at DEMA. Here's a photo:

     

    148_std.jpg

     

    More photos can be found in the Dema2002 report in the features section...

  5. Did you like it Eric? The EOS1D/EOS1Ds will be somewhat larger though.

    Who displayed it at DEMA BTW?

  6. looked solid to me. expensive, I thought....? I don't remember why I think that, though. ;)

     

    Marine Camera Distributors (wetpixel's main sponsor) was showing it.

     

    It isn't any smaller than the UK Germany housing is, I don't think...

  7. I guess they will charge USD 4000 for the new house. So not very cheap.

    I never seen a UK house, I just compared to the (large) Sea&Sea house.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.