Hi,
Well, I guess there are gonna be alot of sensitive people around, but here goes the questions. I am shooting using slide film ( mainly Velvia ) and was thinking if I should move to Digital or not, Although convenience of immediate feed back is a benefit, I am just wondering what the other benefis are. For example:
1. my computer screen resolution ( and most comuters in the world) is about 1000+ pixels accross and about 800+ ( I think ) down. Thus even a 6 gazillion megabit file can only be seen of a max resolution of about 2 Meg on the screen. Same goes for LCD projectors ( if you want to do a photo night )
2. I rarely print out film based pictures as I prefer the quality of the slides, and prefer to view them through a viewer. When I do, I will enlarge them to ( at times) A1 with stunning results.
3 I get a 3D effect on velvia which I have not yet seen in digital.
4. My general theory is I dont want to spend hours 'doctoring' my pictures. If they are great, ok, if not, then so be it...and I got some home work to do then. ( to be honest, i just could not be bothered applying make up for hours on end to and less than perfect face )
5.If I show people my pictures, I prefer to show the slides as it usually make a more dramatic impact.
6. For Pro's, I can see the benefits and convenience as time to market is quick, and modifications are easy. ( no doubt )
7. For those ready to jump on your high horse, get off. This is a polite question, and I am not looking for controversy, rather trying to understand what added benefits i will get. As an example, I have found my F80 ( yuk say some ) to be good for underwater photography, as there is little use for fancy features underwater.
Thanks for your views