Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Any solution for super macro photography using C7070 and Inon D2000?

Started by Mak_Jing ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Any solution for super macro photography using C7070 and Inon D2000?

4 posts
  1. I own an Olympus C7070 with a Inon D2000 strobe and I love taking macro photography underwater. The problem I have is that manual focus for macro setting only allows you to go up to 20cm from the subject/object. 20cm is just too far. BUt once I change to super macro mode to get closer, the flash on the camera would not come on.

     

    I have checked the manual for the camera which confirmed that the factory setting was for the flash not to work in super macro mode. This makes sense as it would create a shadow and overexpose photographs, but the dilemma is I cannot get the external Inon D2000 strobe to flash as it relies on an optical cable.

     

    Does someone else have this problem or have a solution to this? I guess one option would be to buy a video light, but I would prefer not to make more investment if there is a solution.

     

    Jing

  2. Morning,

     

    Not sure if this is a solution but I have the same problem with my SP-350.

     

    On the SP-350 there is the option (in the camera menu, flash screen) to set the flash as a slave. When set as slave the flash will fire in Super Macro Mode and should trigger your external strobe. Not sure if this would work on your camera but worth a try.

     

    Hope this makes sense.

     

    Cheers

    M

  3. Thanks for the suggestion. I did try to put it on slave for the Super Macro Mode, but whenever I do that, the camera switches to an off flash mode. Can you let me know which setting P/A/S/M do you set it to? some of them doesn't even allow me to switch to slave mode.

     

    J

  4. Morning,

     

    I have ahd a look over the weekend and on my camera it appears that you can use slave in modes P/A/S/M/ but not on the auto settings. Hope this helps.

     

    Cheers

    M

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.