Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New Products frm Fisheye

Started by TJO ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

New Products frm Fisheye

5 posts
  1. The Japanese manufacturer Fisheye have started designing more original

    houses and displayed two new products in Tokyo. One *very* small house

    for the Sony Cyber-shot U (worlds smallest? now 2 MBs) and one for the

    Olympus C-5050Z.

     

    You can see pictures of the housings at the bottom of this page:

     

    http://www.fisheye-jp.com/index.html

     

    I don't know if you have the Cyber-shot U in the US or Europe. Here it is:

     

    http://www.sony.jp/products/Consumer/DSC/D...-U10/index.html

     

    It is only 87 gram and takes 1,632×1,224 pictures as well as mpeg movies

    (15 sec). The Fisheye hosuing will be available in several colors and is probably

    the only housing that fits in a BCD today?

  2. Thanks for the news!

     

    I have the Minolta Dimage X housing, and I think I can stuff it into my BCD pocket. I've never tried, though... ;)

  3. I agree there is no reason to put it in the bcd ;) no use to have it there.

    I just wanted to say it is very very small... Have you seen the camera? Even an

    envy of 007. Same size as a match box. And it can do all that. The housing being

    slightly larger, like an used toilet paper roll.

  4. A friend of mine has the Sony U10 -- I've heard that it is TINY, but I think I'd have to see it to really get a feeling for its size.

     

    One manufacturer had a Casio EX-S2 housing as well, but I think it was a zip-lock baggie type housing, so it's probably not going to work well for diving. Not that it would take photos of any real quality underwater, anyway... ;)

  5. Size? It has the same size and weight as a 35 mm roll of film - if you

    know what that is ;-)

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.