hi there, firstly please forgive me if this is a silly question. I know hardly anything about photography but am trying to learn as much as i can in preparation for my trip to the maldives in December.
I have read that in order to get a black background whilst taking macro shots, you need to hold the camera straight ahead (rather than tilting up or downwards). However, if I am using a strobe wont that light up the whole area and the aperture determine my depth of field??? sorry to all you experts this probably is a stupid question but I am puzzled. its been difficult practicing in the garden, I know the results are totally different underwater!!!!
Anyway thanks for any advice, it will be much appreciated.
By the way, I am posting under my husbands login so he will be quite embarressed that I have asked this question!!
Cheers.
lou