Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Where is the copyright symbol?

Started by tkr ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Where is the copyright symbol?

13 posts
  1. I almost feel too embarrased to ask this question but here goes -

     

    Where on earth in photoshop do you find the symbol for a copyright? - you know - the circle with a C in it.

     

    It's the sort of symbol you might want to plaster over your image along with your name if you consider your image is so valuable someone might want to nick it!

     

    Thanks

    Edited by Rocha
  2. Never be embarrassed to ask if you don't know-On a pc, while holding down the alt key press 0169 and it magically appears. :)

  3. or... go to start->all programs->accessories->system tools->character map

     

    that is where a lot of the common symbols are.

     

    but xtremes method is quicker.. :)

  4. And on a Mac type alt-g in most text programs. I assume this will also work in photoshop.

  5. Cool Jon - didn't know that shortcut!

     

    I love shortcuts :)

  6. Nope- I just can't get ALT 0169 to do anything on my PC.

    The only way I can get hold of this symbol is to open WORD -insert it as a symbol- and then copy and paste it in to the Text on photoshop. It's a bit tedious but at least I can get there.

  7. on the PC, using the ALT 0169 method, you MUST use the number pad keys, NOT the ones on top of the keyboard. If you are using a laptop, then you have to switch on numlock and use the keys hidden within the "letter" section.

     

    HTH.

  8. Hah! One learns something every day. I've been copying the copyright symbol out of word files for years now. Thanks for the tip, not that I'll ever remember it. Alt-what?

     

    Frogfish

  9. See, it wasn't a lame question after all!

  10. Excellent ! - many thanks Richorn. I never though the two sets of number keys were so different.

    Thanks

    Edited by tkr
  11. That's a great resource Ryeish, thanks for posting! I always had to look around a lot for things like the Euro currency, but now I know where to find the shortcuts! :D

    Edited by Rocha
  12. On Macs under the Edit menu is Special Characters, brings up all symbols etc

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.