Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

About Watermarks

Started by rodriguezfelix ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

About Watermarks

7 posts
  1. I already know how to watermark a pic in photoshop, but i don´t know how to batch-process this watermark that I created for all pics open (or all folder), so please anyone who knows more about using photoshop (CS) can explain how to?

     

    I made a search over this topic and from all the posts I found, didn´t seem to understand the batch-processing part, so if explanation is for dummies I really apreciatted.

  2. There are probably many ways to do this. Personally, I created an action for this.

     

    I'll say this from memory, as I don't have PS on this machine.

     

    - You open an image and go to the "Action" tab (next tab after the "History" tab).

     

    - Press the Record button (little red circle) (can't remember if you have to assign a name then or at the end. If now, then call it 'watermark' or 'copyright'...)

     

    - Go to the Text tool and select the font and size to use.

     

    - Write your copyright onto the picture.

     

    - Apply any effect to this (e.g. change in opacity, warping, etc.)

     

    - Merge the layers (Layers>Merge Visible)

     

    - Press the "Stop" button in the Action tab

     

    At this point, the action is recorded, and you can either use it manually on other pictures, or automate by going into the File > Automate menu

     

    There you have to select the action to apply (i.e. "Copyright"), the folder where your photos are, and where to save the new files).

  3. I was playing with photoshop yesterday and I didn´t seem to find that action button nor the record button... I´m using photoshop elements, maybe is this the cause?

  4. I have an action to do that too, with the push of a button it decreases the size of the image and adds the watermark. I'm not sure if actions are available on elements.

  5. for photoshop there's a great action described by russell brown here:

    http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html

     

    search for "Digital Watermark Branding" on the page. it allows to create an action that will work on any page direction (landscape or format) and any size of photo.

    you can then use that to batch all of your images

     

    hth

    /paul

     

    oops: just saw that you mentioned photoshop elements... sorry won't work :(

    Edited by 3@5
  6. I did a quick google search, and it seems that you can run an action in PS Elements, but you can't create or record them. It'll take someone with the real deal PS to create it in an "Elements friendly" way and then you can install and run it later. Just google "photoshop elements actions" and you should have lots of hints and tips.

  7. I just get a photoshop CS in bargain and yesterday start to work my way through actions... elements was more user friendly but didn´t have this main feature...

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.