Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Epson R2400 Ink Usage

Started by bdickson ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Epson R2400 Ink Usage

3 posts
  1. I have been using an Epson R2400 for about 3 months, and am very happy with the results. One small annoyance: It goes through Light Magenta cartridges almost twice as fast as the others. Anyone else seeing this?

     

    On a (closely) related topic, I am thinking of moving to the InkRepublic Continuous Ink System. Anyone have any experience?

     

    Bruce Dickson

  2. For me, it goes through the blue cartridge first. What do you print most? :)

     

    Don't have any experience with continuous inking systems, but I stay away from them, as I've heard stories of clogged print heads...

  3. Hi Bruce,

     

    Your experience is typical with the R2400. It does use the light magenta and light cyan about twice as fast as the the other colors followed by light black and then the rest. There are numerous sites dedicated to the continuous ink systems that are available so I won't bore you with my humble opinion. Before I purchased my R2400 I looked very carefully at what my printing needs were. How many prints per month. What paper I would mostly be using, etc. I found that the R2400 as is fit my needs very well, followed by the 4800. If I were in the market for a printer today I would give serious consideration to the 3800 that's just been released.

     

    imasleeper

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.