Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Sony DSC-N2 Camera

Started by DragonFliz79 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony DSC-N2 Camera

2 posts
  1. Hi I'm new to this forum.

    I am thinking about getting my first digital camera to use while diving.

    I am thinking about Sony DSC-N2 with the MPK-NA Cyber-shot® Marine Pack

    housing. I was wondering if that is a good beginner set-up. I've never taken

    underwater photos so what setting would you put the camera on and what level

    flash? The more info the better.....

  2. I believe the DSC-N2 uses a touch screen from control of camera settings, and I am not sure how this would translate for use in the housing. You may not be able to change any settings underwater, and that could be a drawback. But I'm not sure. Another thing to be aware of is that, at very close distances, the lens port of the housing blocks some of the camera flash, causing a shadow across the bottom of extreme macro shots. This is the case with the similarly designed MPK housing for the Sony DSC-W series cameras. You might want to consider a different Sony camera (or other brand) that will give you more camera control inside a housing. Check out the Canon and Olympus P&S cameras and their associated housings, which are similarly priced to the Sony. I've used a Sony DSCW1 in the Sony housing and gotten good results in many situations.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.