Single AF verses Continuous AF Underwater
I am just migrating to DSLR from Nikonos V. I have never used auto focus before, neither above or below water.
Can someone please advise me on the two main focus options: Single AF (S-AF) verses Continuous AF (C-AF) in underwater photography. I understand how they work but I'd like some suggestions on how to apply it best works underwater.
My gut feel tells me that, for most underwater photography, I would be better off with a standard setting of C-AF.
The C-AF should be applicable to long-range and mid-range fish shots where there is the potential of subject movement.
Is it also useful for macro shots where potential camera movements could move the focus point out of narrow depth-of-field range or will the auto-focus jump around too much to be useful?
What about diver shots if there is any current action or movement?
Is S-AF more applicable for wide-angle static reef and wreck shots when I want to tell the camera "focus on that object there"?
I am on the right track? Any tips and techniques gratefully received...
Regards
Peter