Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Dedicated diving apartment

Started by aboshoff ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Dedicated diving apartment

7 posts
  1. Hi there

    I am considering a building project at a coastal town with excellent diving oppertunities.

    Has anyone any experience or suggestions on a floor plan with diver/photographer in mind.

    I am thinking 1. back entrance ,2. (Wet open area) showering and equipment rinse , 3.(dry indoor area) secure storage area and dressing area ( general kit), 4 (OFFICE).kamera storage and service area with computer for downloading and editing etc 5. entrance into main house/apartment.

    600 sq meters of land ( 300sq meters for building)

    Regards

  2. I actually have a second apartment I keep in Eilat for the weekends. It was not designed to be a dive apartment, but that is basically what I use it for.

     

    One of the problems I have is the bathroom/shower is too small. So I would advise ample area for showering/rinsing equipment, but also extra space for hanging equipment to dry.

     

    One of the good things I have is plenty of desk/counter area. I can disassemble my rig completely and spread it out to dry. So a lot of desk area is nice. Maybe some sort of drying rack.

     

    Good luck!

  3. Diving apartment?! WOW! I wish! :(:)

    Edited by Rocha
  4. I haven't got an apartment

     

    But I've got a diving style garage... :(

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  5. I live in a suburb of Santa Barbara Ca so my Condo is essentially a giant dive locker. Including the kayak hanging from the ceiling.

  6. This is the website of a house of a friend in the caribbean that was built by a diver for divers. It's very elaborate, much more than I'd need or want to take care of as a vacation dive place, but it's built as a rental so....

    My only problem with the place is the dive locker area is down one level from car parking. I'd have built driveway access to the dive area for quick and easy loading and unloading.

  7. Thanks for the lead--realy intresting place- the site even

    gives a layout

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.