Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Maui shrimp goby ID?

Started by segal3 ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Maui shrimp goby ID?

7 posts
  1. maui06_5.jpg

     

    Note the orange/purple/brown coloration of the bars on the body, and the slanted bar at the face (this doesn't appear to be A. diagonalis, however).

     

    Any ideas?

  2. Its psilogobius mainlandi, endemic to Hawaii

    Edited by RebreatherDave
  3. Thanks Dave :(

  4. No sweat...nice website by the way...the white text overwrites itself alot when viewed in Apple's Safari browser.....

     

    I was envious you've been able to travel to all those places....PNG is on my list......but I'll go to The Lembeh Straights first....

  5. ...the white text overwrites itself alot when viewed in Apple's Safari browser.....

    I know :)...I've been meaning to fix that for some time now...every browser but Safari deals with the site correctly <_ ...but i appreciate knowing it still broken src="https://waterpixels.net/wparchive/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(">

  6. "silogobius mainlandi, endemic to Hawaii"

     

    mainlandi? That's kind of a funny species name for an endemic hawaiian fish...

  7. Are there really any shrimp gobies in hawaii? I don't remember any in the books...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.