Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sea and Sea DX3060 - additional lenses

Started by tshepherd ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea and Sea DX3060 - additional lenses

5 posts
  1. Ok, I know we've done this topic once before, but a while has passed and I wanted to see if anyone has any additional insight. Does anyone know if Sea and Sea is going to support any lenses other than the 7 or 8 they've listed in the catalog with the D60 housing? It's really just a matter of producing zoom gears for the lenses for the most part, so I wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal to get it done.

     

    The lenses I'm most interested in are:

    Sigma 15-30

    Canon 16-35L

    Canon 24-70L

    Canon 28-135 IS

     

    Any thoughts anyone? Eric, any creative ideas, what did you end up doing to get the 16-35 working? I'm even open to getting gears custom made if the prices are reasonable, I just would like more options than what's currently available.

     

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Tom

  2. Tom, I am using (with great success) the 8" dome port with a port extender, and a 16-35 zoom gear from UK Germany, which works fine with the Sea & Sea (luckily!).

  3. Ah ha!!! I managed to answer my own question by looking at the Sea and Sea japanese site... (I'm so smart :D )

     

    A rough translation:

    Is in the midst of ¥ developing the lens gear which

    - EF24mm F2.8 -> NX compact dome port and NX fish eye dome port

    - EF28-105mm F3.5 -4.5? U -> USM NX zoom port

    - EF28-70mm F2.8L USM -> NX compact macro port based + extension ring 22~2 step + compact wide port

    - EF16-35mm F2.8L USM -> intermediate stiffening ring 40 + NX compact dome port and SX intermediate stiffening ring + NX fish eye dome port

    - EF14mm F2.8L USM S X -> intermediate stiffening ring + NX compact dome port and NX fish eye dome port

    - The EF180mm F3.5L macro USM -> while examining (presently of February of 2003, please inquire details to the sea and the sea domestic Sales Div.)

    - The EF24-70mm F2.8L USM -> while examining (presently of February of 2003, please inquire details to the sea and the sea domestic Sales Div.)

     

     

    Oh, and thanks for the info Eric...

  4. Ok, I know we've done this topic once before, but a while has passed and I wanted to see if anyone has any additional insight.  Does anyone know if Sea and Sea is going to support any lenses other than the 7 or 8 they've listed in the catalog with the D60 housing?  It's really just a matter of producing zoom gears for the lenses for the most part, so I wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal to get it done.

     

    The lenses I'm most interested in are:

    Sigma 15-30

    Canon 16-35L

    Canon 24-70L

    Canon 28-135 IS

     

    Any thoughts anyone?  Eric, any creative ideas, what did you end up doing to get the 16-35 working?  I'm even open to getting gears custom made if the prices are reasonable, I just would like more options than what's currently available.

     

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Tom

    I just received my dx3060 housings today. One piece of info I can give you - gears from the cx-600/603 appear to be

    compatible. I was able to use the focus gear for the 100mm macro from my cx-600 housing in the new housing with

    no apparent trouble.

     

    flame-bait : I've used zooms underwater and don't care for them. I think I'm more likely to return

    to the surface with more "keepers" on average with a prime lens whose effective focal length is close to one end or the other than

    I am with a zoom.

  5. Ok, I know we've done this topic once before, but a while has passed and I wanted to see if anyone has any additional insight.  Does anyone know if Sea and Sea is going to support any lenses other than the 7 or 8 they've listed in the catalog with the D60 housing?  It's really just a matter of producing zoom gears for the lenses for the most part, so I wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal to get it done.

     

    The lenses I'm most interested in are:

    Sigma 15-30

    Canon 16-35L

    Canon 24-70L

    Canon 28-135 IS

     

    Any thoughts anyone?  Eric, any creative ideas, what did you end up doing to get the 16-35 working?  I'm even open to getting gears custom made if the prices are reasonable, I just would like more options than what's currently available.

     

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Tom

    I just received my dx3060 housings today. One piece of info I can give you - gears from the cx-600/603 appear to be

    compatible. I was able to use the focus gear for the 100mm macro from my cx-600 housing in the new housing with

    no apparent trouble.

     

    flame-bait : I've used zooms underwater and don't care for them. I think I'm more likely to return

    to the surface with more "keepers" on average with a prime lens whose effective focal length is close to one end or the other than

    I am with a zoom.

    hmm, interestingly, the ports are semi-compatible as well. The "compact macro port base" has the same threaded

    connector as my cx-600 housings do. One of the ports that is compatible with connecting to the compact macro port base which I have, but which

    is _not_ listed in the port chart for the 3060 is #56261, which is a longer flat port.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.