Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Java Script Help

Started by wagsy ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Java Script Help

5 posts
  1. Oka you java code dudes out there.

     

    I can execute a javascript from a simple web link.<a href="java script:loadPlaylist('Yap/playlist1.xml')">

    But I seem to be having a problem if I try it in a java drop down menu? Just wont execute :wacko:

     

    Any ideas?

  2. um .. i am no expert .. but it may be the java link either wont work inside a java menu .. code thing ... or the url needs to be more path orientated ?

     

    What is the link doing ? loading a pop up window with content ? there maybe a simpler way around it.

  3. Hi Giles.

     

    I will try uploading the xml page I want it to execute onto the web and then put in a http://www.link to it from the java dropdown menu and see if it will work that way.

     

    I am trying to feed the Flash player a XML file.... just does not want to work inside a java drop down menu.

    java script:loadPlaylist etc works fine as a single link on the HTML page.

  4. Hi wagsy,

     

    Don't know a hell of a lot about Flash but it sounds like you'd need to embed the xml document into the *.swf you're using (with Macromedia's flash editor) or otherwise upload the xml doc *into* the flash player.

     

    Getting a little geeky here (but hey, that's how I pay for my diving!): the flash player is downloaded from your website onto the user's PC through the browser and run there with Flash, it is actually run in seperate to what's going on in the browser window so you can't really communicate well from the page to the flash player without using the <object> tag that your flash animation should be defined in in your html page (any flash bunnies out there feel free to correct my poor architectural overview).

     

    For stuff like this I like to use http://www.codeproject.com and http://www.devx.com for my web development needs.

     

    Good luck!

  5. Hey Gerarth

    Cheers for that.

     

    I now have dropdrown menus driven by a java applet and it works fine now feeding the xml files into the player I want to use.

     

    It must be a java code thing as there is no way I could get it to call the script inside a normal java script drop down menu.

     

    I'll load it up soon for a few of you on differnt browsers to check to see that it works oka.

    Edited by wagsy
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.