Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Help in selecting UW gear

Started by jgunther ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Help in selecting UW gear

2 posts
  1. I need help in selecting UW gear. I have a Nikon D2X, Nikon D100 and want to get a Nikon D80 for UW use. The D2X Housing is to costly and the D100 is not iTTL so that's the reason for the D80. After visiting the ikelite website I want to get the dome ports as I have a nkon 17-35mm lens and a nikon 18-70DX lens but am not sure which one is better. I also want to get one possible two ikelite 125 strobes so I can shoot ittl. Should I build on the nikon D100 and get better equipt and a good macro lens and shoot manual or get the d80 with the lenses I have and only 1 125 strobe? Any help in setting up a system with the proper parts would be appreciated.

  2. I would get the D80, it seems to be a lot better than the D100. The 17-35 is a better lens, but I am not sure if Ikelite has a port that fits it, you should check the lens compatibility chart in their website...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.