Never used You Tube before and have no idea how this will come out. This is a film I shot quite a while ago before most people had discovered KBR. I had to compress it quite a bit to get it down to size. I was lucky and it won the Best of Show at the Beneath the Sea in 2005. It was shot on an old Sony SC100 and L & M housing. Feedback is always helpful.
Steve B)
Well, I just saw it and am not too happy with the quality of the video and the audio sync seems to have been messed up a bit.
Hi Steve
I thought that it was actually pretty good quality/resolution for 'You Tube', although it did appear to go a bit AWOL for the last 10 seconds or so before the end titles. What type of file did you upload?
The audio didn't appear to be out of sync apart from mid way through when you were talking about a cornet fish and showing some other critter. Apart from that it sounded ok, although it may not of course have been what you originally edited!! One thing I've found on You Tube is that sometimes it converts the files differently on different occasions. If you're really not happy with it then you can always try to upload it again and hope that they make a better job of it second time around.
Nice film btw!
Cheers, Simon
Thats Pretty good considering half the shite that's on there..
I've just signed up as I'm now on BB and WOW !! there's some stuff out there..I especially like 'Spring break'..'Pole dancing'..'Girls kissing'
Ha,ha only joking...I prefere the wildlife and guitar playing stuff......Honest. Those geezers can SHRED the geetars....
Dive safe
Dean(3 hours of 'You tube' naughtyness)B
Nice video Steve. Love the fish voices.
The encode looks OK to me. Typical YouTube quality. The voiceover seems to be running a second or so ahead of the video at parts though.
For YouTube upload I'm making Xvid videos at 320x240 px at 1024kbps with MP3 audio (using VirtualDub). Seems to work well but their encode is so rough that it probably doesn't matter that much what you send them as long as the bitrate is pretty high. Google Video is a bit better quality and Stage6 is much better.
You did your own music for that? What software did you use?
Thanks Nick...you're 100% correct, the audio is slightly off but I have no idea why it uploaded to You Tube that way especially since it was a self contained movie. The music was made using Apple's Soundtrack Pro. It is a fun application but can be very time consuming. Usually I just use Sonic Fire Pro 4 which has some major improvements over SF 3.