Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Scan Program

Started by Simon K. ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Scan Program

4 posts
  1. I have a SlideSaccxner (BenQ) that uses 4-slide trays i'm now starting to scan my Slide Archive.

     

    I'm looking for a programm that can handle 48-Bit coloured pictures from the twain-driver of my scanner and automagical saves them on disc directly (If it can use a customabel name its great or I can use batch rename later). It has to save it after every picture even if I dont leave the window of the twain-driver (Mira-Photo) because every IMG is 50-60 MB and after 4 of them my RAM is pretty full :-(

     

    Bye Simon

  2. I don't know if they have a version that supports your scanner, and it may be a more expensive alternative than you were looking for, but Silverfast handles batches quite well. I also found the scans much more color accurate than NikonScan for my Nikon scanner.

  3. Try VueScan, if you're a PC person. It's powerful, but interface sucks.

  4. Hi Eric,

     

    yes I'm a pc person (look in your HP Guestbook ;-) (BTW Great new HP Design) )

     

    The Interface is OK with me: nice, clean, technical, form follows function ;-)

     

    I just haven't found, how I activate the digitalICE of my scanner with VueScan.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.