Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Slideshow programs

Started by mrjamesm ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Slideshow programs

11 posts
  1. Currently using a PC for my editing. A couple of weeks ago I saw a slidehow production done on a Mac that looked fantastic - great introduction type screen with a number of images displayed and individually highlighted until you chose to begin the slideshow. Is there a similar program on a PC that would do this? I have no idea what the MAC software was... I have PS CS(2?) but can't see anything in that, been playing with the lightroom beta which does produce slideshows, but nothing like the intro screen..

     

    James

  2. I use a program called ProShow Gold by Photodex. Its relatively inexpensive and a pretty good program and allows you to output your slide shows to CD, DVD, and executable file. I don't know how it compares to the Mac offering, but there are some pretty decent slide shows on the site so you can see its capabilities. There's also a standard and professional version of the software with less and more functionality, respectively.

  3. There is a great program for Mac called Boinx Photomagico. I do not think it is made for PC

  4. I am now using Photodex's Pro Show Producer. They just released version 3 but I havent tried it yet. I love what it can do but its rendering to DVD sucks. I am routing it through Adobe Encore. Go to Photodex.com and you can see some show examples.

  5. I think the new version also supports Flash output (have not tried it yet) which is a big deal to me. The idea of requiring another plug-in to view a slideshow on the web makes me a little ill. :D

  6. I use PSP and I agree, the DVD rendering is not good, so I output to a mpeg and then use Nero to create the DVD. I've outputted a couple old show to flash and it's pretty slick, will make posting them on the web MUCH easier/secure...

  7. Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but this got me thinking. Do any of you ever have OOS problems with these programs when matching your slideshows to music? I've been using Pictures to Exe, which I really like. Except: You can put the slideshow together, preview it, everything seems all timed to the music, exactly how you want it. But then when you click "Make Slideshow" or "Compile" or whatever the button's called, the finished product ends up out of sync. Mucho annoying. Time for another slideshow program, methinks. Besides, you can't email .exe files to anybody anymore anyway, none of the email sites will accept them. So, since I'm on PC, does PSP ever have this problem?

  8. no problem. PSP has complete editing capabilities of music...fade, crop start time etc. It also has an email output option so you can email shows. The pitfall to the newest version PSP3.o build 1906 is that it requires math to create good shows. You have to calculate rotation and zooms for multiple images on one slide of you want them to syncronize. I am working pretty extensively with PSP 3.0 and have some really creative shows, especially with using Photoshop actions and incorporating them into my shows. If you need any help let me know.

     

    Joe

  9. There is a great program for Mac called Boinx Photomagico. I do not think it is made for PC

     

    Though it might not help this fellow, I second the endorsement of FotoMagicoo (sic). I can export the movies and apply motion blurring in iDVD, and the final result is pretty danged good. Plus, slide timing, transitions, and and zoom/pan (aka Ken Burns effect) are a bit easier and more flexible (includes rotations).

     

    Chris in Red Stick

    (Currently on a MacBook Pro running CVS in a unix window to update a grant renewal, Garmin MapSource in a vmware WindowsXP window to dink with my GPS, and surfing WetPixel with Safari under OSX ... all this fairly painlessly, on a laptop ... becoming a Mac fanatic after less than 2 years!)

  10. Thanks! I may try PSP. The out of sync thing is really irritating.

  11. You can download a full version of PSP 3.0 that will have a watermark across the playback screen...but you can try music with slides to make sure it does what you want before plopping down 500 bucks.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.