Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Speaking of color correction, there's now Colorista

Started by Drew ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Speaking of color correction, there's now Colorista

7 posts
  1. From the makers of Magic Bullet Suite (the film look and deinterlacing software) comes a companion software for color correction called Colorista.

    Using the GPU as the rendering hardware, Colorista allows precise color correction using the Magic Bullet engine (which requires HW RAID to playback optimally) on any part of the image. It's available for PC and Macs and works on all major NLE except Vegas, Ulead and yes (sorry wags) Canopus.

     

    Check it out here.

     

    If interest is high enough, Wetpixel can try to arrange a group buy.

    Edited by Drew
  2. Good fine there Drew....but...I can already do that in EDIUS and its trackable so can follow a fish around.

    And even with CC and slowmo it's all in realtime with 1440/1080 so guess I will not be needing it :wacko:

     

    Here is a quick ruff example.

     

    banner1.jpg

     

    banner.jpg

  3. Good fine there Drew....but...I can already do that in EDIUS and its trackable so can follow a fish around.

    And even with CC and slowmo it's all in realtime with 1440/1080 so guess I will not be needing it :wacko:

    WOW - I want that too !

     

    -for Vegas 7 ;)

     

    Drew, Wags

     

    I shoot in dark waters, and I like to give my model a lamp to help focus attention, but after MWB the light from the lamp is red :D

     

    Could't that filter bring back the normal colo(u)r to the light ?

  4. Skaw, that kind of colour correction is pretty simple in Vegas. I do it all the time.

     

    Use the secondary colour correction filter. Set up a mask within that filter that matches the red lamp in terms of hue, luminance and saturation so the filter is only working on the bit of the footage you want it to, then knock back the redness by either changing the hue on the chrominance wheel or just reducing the saturation. Play with the smoothing setting to suit.

     

    With a lamp sometimes I've used 2 of those filters stacked. One fixes the brightest part of the lamp and the other fixes the red halo around it.

     

    There's a bit of a tutorial here:

     

    http://www.wideopenwest.com/~wvg/tutorial-12.htm

    Edited by Nick Hope
  5. Skaw, that kind of colour correction is pretty simple in Vegas. I do it all the time.

    Thanks, Nick for the advice. I have just recently migrated to Vegas, before that I used Studio by Pinnacle.

     

    I am still in the process of learning Vegas, but I am sure that I will be glad that I did the shift.

     

    I will try your advice soon.

     

    Thanks again :-)

  6. i use Pinnacle too...

  7. Skaw, that kind of colour correction is pretty simple in Vegas. I do it all the time.

    Tried it now, and:

     

    AWESOME :D

     

    It was just what I was looking for B)

     

    Thanks for the tip !

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.