Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

EXIF Editor

Started by mrjamesm ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

EXIF Editor

2 posts
  1. I've done lots of editing of images followimng a recent trip and I'm playing with the Adobe lightroom Beta. The nicest slideshow (in my opinion) is the one that displays the EXIF data - unfortunately, the artist entry is showing as unknown and I haven't found anything that will edit the EXIF data in anything but a JPEG.

     

    I have a 20D (and currently can't find the installation disks for the canon software). Any suggestions?

  2. Hi James,

     

    Check out the free ExifTool. It just released a new version on Dec 15 including a standalone executable for windows (this program also works under linux and, I'm sure, macs as well). It reads/write canon raw format images.

     

    Here are some user comments about the program

     

    ===============================================

     

    "In my experience, nothing but nothing is as complete, powerful, and flexible as Phil Harvey's exiftool ... I've never seen anything that's in the same ballpark for power." - dpreview forum

     

    "While there are a lot of image tools available, nothing comes close for accessing/updating the metadata like ExifTool" - merg's blog

     

    "exiftool is an amazingly powerful Perl module and script" - Brett's Place on the Web

     

    "Fast, reliable and amazingly comprehensive ..." - CPAN ratings

     

    "... the one piece of free software that gets the most detailed exif data of /any/ tool I've found." - gnome mail archives

     

    ===============================================

     

    Good luck!

     

    Bart

    Edited by Glasseye Snapper
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.