Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Philippines wrasse ID?

Started by FlyingKiwi ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Philippines wrasse ID?

5 posts
  1. Found this wrasse at Anilao, off the island of Luzon:

     

    IMG_8282.JPG

     

    I've looked through several books, Fishbase and elsewhere on the web without luck. I thought maybe it was a color morph of the yellowtail coris (Coris gaimard), but that turned up a blank too.

     

    Anyone? Anyone?

     

    Richard.

  2. Flyingkiwi,

    Can you tell where IN anilao you find it ? and when ??

     

    Sam

  3. William,

     

    Thanks for the rapid response, I appreciate it. I'd looked at the entire set of Fishbase's wrasse thumbnails, but somehow didn't spot it (pardon the pun).

     

    Sam,

     

    This was in March of 2006, I don't remember the exact dive spot.

     

    Richard.

  4. Richard,

    Thanks.

     

    Sam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.