I have a freind in another on line group who has this set-up and can''t seem to locate a source for replacement o-rings.
Anyone got any suggestions?
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by bobjarman ·
Read-only discussion
I have a freind in another on line group who has this set-up and can''t seem to locate a source for replacement o-rings.
Anyone got any suggestions?
I have that U/W case too. The booklet that comes along with it lists the following phone # in North America for Canon Customer Support: 800-828-4040. Perhaps they can tell him where to get the o-ring.
You can order them via every Canon Dealer ....
Simon
You could also try www.backscatter.com. Get the Phon number from their site, and give them a call. Hope this helps.
Happy diving
Don
If your still having problems locating those o-rings, you can purchase most o-rings over the counter from a local bearing distributor. Take your old ones along for sizing.
Marc
I do not recommend purchasing O-rings from sources other than the original supplier due to compatibility issues.
For example, the newer Olympus O-rings are silicone. But exactly what elastomer? Using the wrong kind of grease can cause unpredictable results such as drying out, cracking, swelling of the O-ring possibly causing a flood.
If you cannot get original brand Canon O-rings, please e-mail me and I will assist in obtaining them for you.
All the best,
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.