Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Video Editing Freeware PC

Started by Giles ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Video Editing Freeware PC

7 posts
  1. Hi there

     

    I am just getting into using my compact for video clips .. I want to practice using it on land .. and maybe a little underwate rif i can find a housing for it. Either way .. I need som epost production software. However I would like to know if there is any good freeware out there .. or in general what I should look for .. I want to be able to make the video clips look neat .. insert still frames .. add titles and soundtrack etc.

     

    Obviously there is windows movie maker .. but it's not that great .. pro show gold is more for slide show than video .. i dont get to do any real editing.

     

    Oh and if you are telling me that i should get some software that costs money .. thats ok too .. I dont want over complicated though .. I want something that will be fun and simple to use yet put out nice looking results. Just to get me started.

     

    Sorry if this topic exists .. I am mostly after freeware which i searched for and couldn't find. Bring on the info.

  2. try Pinnacle Studio, have to pay for it...

     

    but maybe you can find version 9 cheap as they are on 10 now

  3. Merry Xmas Guys

     

    Giles it's not free but cheap.... :D

     

    PURE MOTION

  4. Ok,

     

    due to me being a lucky person I guess I have 3 choices. I am about to try out that Pure Motion .. and to be honest Wags .. it looks really good ... it seems to do everything and seems really simple to use.

    I have somewhere a copy of Adobe Premiere .. btu I really can't be bothered to learn it.

    So I am going to go and use Pure Motion today .. which I have a free unused copy I can have from a friend. (he went with a mac and imovie)

    http://lives.sourceforge.net/index.php?do=...2c0da35e8e21c9b

    Lives looks quite good .. but i am confused if it will work on Win XP or not.

    3rd choice .. bit torrent an illegal copy which of course is not a choice as it breaks lots of rules.

    Edited by Giles
  5. If we're talking about not free but cheap then consider Sony Vegas Movie Studio which will also get you on an upgrade to the full Vegas.

  6. I just got told by another friend that he has a copy of cony vegas he doesn't use that i could have .. so i may try it out ...

     

    i am getting lucky here .. lots of free software.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.