We are all complaining about security checks, taking off our shoes, belts, drinking breast milk to prove it's not an explosive, quart bags of 3 oz fluids or less...but somehow a baby gets thrown into the mix?!?
Ok I know they are overworked and the infrastructure isn't that efficient. However, if a guy is made to drink his child's milk, I'm flabbergasted as how a baby can make it through. It's been like a madhouse at LAX lately with holiday travels and airport closures due to blizzards. I've lost $$$ of equipment and luggage at LAX, but this really takes the big prize for screw ups!
She must be a can short of a 6 pack or what?
Reminds me of a classic piece of footage of Tommy Lee of 'Motley Crue' coming through the scanner holding a bottle of Jack Daniels..Pure class. Airport security didn't see the funnyside.
Dive safe
DeanB
Its pretty sad, really. I'll try not to dog-pile on the TSA and try to keep from sounding like a TSA sympathizer! As much as we're a wide traveling and well-educated lot, there is a large number of folks out there that don't travel that much and don't know the protocols of flying or airport security, despite all the fancy signs and overpaid TSA workers trying to get the message out. As air travelers go, there's just a high number of first timers that just don't know the rules or how to play by them. And it doesn't help that the rules are constantly changing. There should be an airline and airports just for folks that don't know the drill. Let us in the know go to an "express" airport: short lines, competent screeners, lax baggage weight limits, cheap fares, decent in-flight meals, leg room..... Hey! This could be my Christmas list!
I'm glad I'm not traveling this holiday season. Instead, I'm making my extended family fly to me! B)
I'm not a fan of the TSA, but I wouldn't even consider this a TSA screw up. They have one staff member watching the metal detector and one watching the x-ray monitor. That should be enough to cover security. I don't think adding another one at the x-ray input to cover the one in a billion case that a baby gets put on justifies the cost.
I haven't been through LAX in a long while, (thank $DEITY), but in all the other airports I have been through recently there has been a TSA employee loading things into the xray machines and generally keeping the line moving... are you saying they have stopped doing that?
I haven't been through LAX in a long while, (thank $DEITY), but in all the other airports I have been through recently there has been a TSA employee loading things into the xray machines and generally keeping the line moving... are you saying they have stopped doing that?
Things must be different in Texas.
I can't remember ever having someone else load my stuff into the x-ray machine.
Things must be different in Texas.
Craig Ruaux
Tiger Shark
Member
651 posts
Oregon, USA
Been out of Texas quite a while now Herb.
I'm talking about the guy that reminds you to take your laptop out of the carry case and tells you you need to take your shoes off. Or are we just overregulated and bossed around excessively here in the People's Republic of Oregon
Been out of Texas quite a while now Herb.
Oops. Sorry. I blame it on this age thing.
I'm talking about the guy that reminds you to take your laptop out of the carry case and tells you you need to take your shoes off. Or are we just overregulated and bossed around excessively here in the People's Republic of Oregon
I do see that guy some of the times. In lots of cases, he's out at the line directing traffic, telling people which of the N lines to go to and not watching the input to the x-ray.
Amazing!! LOL!!
My experience is the same as Craig's, there is always a person asking me to take my shoes off, remove the laptop from the bag, etc, right at the end of the line. But I don't fly that much through LAX...
i love it when they tell me to take off my flip flops...
sorry for you people who have to wear shoes....
Oh great -- now they're bound to prohibit us from taking babies as carry on luggage. My guess is they'll make us check them from now on to be on the safe side, along with our pets and bottles of water . . .
Oh great -- now they're bound to prohibit us from taking babies as carry on luggage. My guess is they'll make us check them from now on to be on the safe side, along with our pets and bottles of water . . .
Actually after the two flights I was on today mandatory checking of children doesn’t seem like such a bad policy. LOL