Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon WP-DC300 Add-on lenses/flash

Started by jctrac ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon WP-DC300 Add-on lenses/flash

5 posts
  1. I have read about add-on lenses, macro or 2x, for the Canon U/W enclosure. Does anyone know where to buy such lenses? Any links to a list of what is available? Also, is there any way to use an external flash with this U/W case?

  2. Sea & Sea sells Adapters to attache the MMII Lenses (1:2 Macro, 1:3 Macro, 20 mm Wide and 16 mm Wide) to Canon Housings (WP-DC 100, 200, 300)

  3. For an external flash, I use one Ikelite DS 125 with the manual strobe controller. It offers great wide angle coverage and has a modeling light built in. Adoroma has the complete package for the Canon housing and this link:

     

    http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=deta...69&sku=IK397365

     

    (copy and paste this link in your browser).

     

    This package includes the TTL strobe controller. I had them switch it for the manual strobe controller (gives you ten flash levels, TTL is a gambling game as far as I am concerned, Ikelite tech support said that they could not garantee TTL would work for all the prefash consumer cameras).

     

    Adoroma also sells a Sea & Sea lens adapter so that you can mount the Sea and Sea Motor Mairine IIEX 2:1 and 3:1 macro lens and the 16 and 20 mm wide angle lens on the canon housing. Available at this link:

     

    http://www.adorama.com/refby.tpl?sku=SSCLAC300

  4. A note about the Sea & Sea adapter for WPDC300 Housing.

     

    I've been trying to get hold of one of these for a while (in the UK or US).

     

    After contacting many companies - I was told that these had gone out of production. Mostly unhappy as I'd already ordered the 16mm Wide and 2x Macro Sea & Sea MMII lenses!

     

    Out of desperation I phoned Sea & Sea - and they said that Yes - this had gone out of production - even though that casing could be used for the S45 - a new cam?! BUT (and here's the best bit!) due to massive feedback from all stockists (notice how they are all out of stock!), they would be re-starting production - hoorah! (Be available about mid march '03)

     

    As a side note - for a great external strobe - check out the Sea & Sea YS25DX - good on budget, and a fibre optic cable specificly for this casing is available (this also totally blocks off the internal flash so no backscatter - and is removable if you want to take your cam out without strobe).

     

    To get an idea what it looks like try - www.camerasunderwater.co.uk - even though it's pictured with another Canon housing.

     

    And if your looking for a great tray arm combo for this and want to keeps costs down look at the fish eye tray set at www.underwaterdigital.net - the guy shipped one to the UK for me from the states :unsure:

     

    Hope this helps,

     

    Cola.

  5. A note about the Sea & Sea adapter for WPDC300 Housing.

     

    I've been trying to get hold of one of these for a while (in the UK or US).

     

    After contacting many companies - I was told that these had gone out of production. Mostly unhappy as I'd already ordered the 16mm Wide and 2x Macro Sea & Sea MMII lenses!

     

    Out of desperation I phoned Sea & Sea - and they said that Yes - this had gone out of production - even though that casing could be used for the S45 - a new cam?! BUT (and here's the best bit!) due to massive feedback from all stockists (notice how they are all out of stock!), they would be re-starting production - hoorah! (Be available about mid march '03)

     

    Cola.

    Cola - I just purchased one through B&H Photo!! www.bhphotovideo.com

    They had to "special order" it, but it came in less than 2 weeks.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.