Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

CANON UW Housings

Started by sebastes ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

CANON UW Housings

3 posts
  1. Hello Digital UW Photophiles!

     

    I am looking for a housing for my Canon PowerShot A40. I have found two variations of the Canon housing model number: WP-DC200 or WP-DC200s.

     

    Is there a difference between these two housings? Is one an older model? Apparently both can accomidate the A10, A20, A30, and A40 cameras.

     

    Thank you.

    Edward

  2. I just looked at the Canon web site, and it looks like the S model is just a newer model. Perhaps better, but I don't know for sure, but it's the only one listed on their site for your camera. Hope this helps.

     

    Happy diving,

    Don

  3. I bit the bullet and bought a WP-DC200 (orange latch, NOT WP-DC200s which has a red latch) on ebay for $61. ;D

    I figured it was a great deal on a new housing. Indeed it does fit my A40! I haven't tourture tested it yet but I think it will work just fine for my purposes. Going to Puerto Vallarta next week. I am not heavy into UW photo and will use it mostly snorkeling and on my kayak to document the large fish I catch! I was worried that the DC-200 was recalled and replaced with the DC200s. I could not find any info to support that notion, however.

    Thanks for all the input.

    Ed

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.