Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Storing the housing and leaving the water questions

Started by donga ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Storing the housing and leaving the water questions

3 posts
  1. I wont be gettin outa this section for a while I think :rolleyes:

     

    When you leave the water after filming, is it alright to leave the salt water on the housing until you basically clean your other dive gear of with fresh water?

     

    Also, how does one store his housing? Once it is sufficiently dry, do you close it up and clamp it tight and keep the seal under pressure until you need it next or do you leave it all in bits and have no pressure on the main seal?

     

    Awaiting your reply,

     

    Sincerely,

     

    Tink. ;)

  2. i would try to give it a quick rinse with fresh water (I always bring some empty 1,5-2 l bottles). Avoid that salt water will dry on the housing, since salt cristals can be nasty.

     

    I store the housing with the oring in place, but with the clamps not tightened. at least keep it in a place where it can't collect dust (somewhere else then my house :-). Beware that you remember this when you pick the housing up: dont drop anything...

     

    Gerard

  3. I wont be gettin outa this section for a while I think :rolleyes:

     

    When you leave the water after filming, is it alright to leave the salt water on the housing until you basically clean your other dive gear of with fresh water?

     

    Also, how does one store his housing? Once it is sufficiently dry, do you close it up and clamp it tight and keep the seal under pressure until you need it next or do you leave it all in bits and have no pressure on the main seal?

     

    Awaiting your reply,

     

    Sincerely,

     

    Tink. ;)

    I think there was a thread on this before. After the initial daily rinse etc, at the end of the dive trip I soak the closed housing overnight in the tub. I then remove the main O-ring, let it lie loosely inside the housing after cleaning it, and close the housing. I keep my housing at home in a Pelican case so latches can be locked or loose.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.