Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Canon A640 and Ikelite Housing Questions

Started by sundowner ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon A640 and Ikelite Housing Questions

2 posts
  1. I'm looking at the Canon A640 in an Ikelite housing, but do not like Ikes trays, arms or strobes all that much. After much web surfing, I think I've settled on the Inon Z2000 strobe and Ultralight Control Systems for trays and arms. I'm also wanting to add the Inon wide angle wet lens which will screw on to this particular Ike port. I like this particular strobe because it has a built in modeling light which I suspect will be very handy for low light and closeup work. There is some quirkiness with attaching Inon's fiber optic cable receiver to the Ike port, but Inon claims to have a generic mounting system available after New Years.

     

    I'd appreciate any comments, feedback etc on any or all of these components. I'm coming from using a Sea and Sea Motormarine II film system, so I'm looking for a system I can backpack on a plane but that will still give good results. Thanks.

  2. yes, sounds like a good system to me. The ike housing is much more robust than the Canon one. The Inon is a good strobe

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.