Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Canon EF12 or EF25 extension tube?

Started by wetpixel ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon EF12 or EF25 extension tube?

7 posts
  1. Anyone have one? I'd like to get ahold of one before Wedesday, which will be difficult since Monday is a holiday.

     

    Ideally, I would like to borrow one from someone within driving distance of West Palm Beach. :D I guess I could also check local camera stores, but they might not offer me "reputable shop in NY prices".

  2. Is the cost of B & H + Fedex out of the question?

  3. Monday is a U.S. holiday, which makes it impossible for it to get here by Tues.

  4. Typical!

     

    The only people I know down there are Nikonites unfortunately.

     

    What do you intend it for - Shark eyes?

  5. yeah. I get frustrated with the 50mm compact macro's focus distance. i think a diopter may be a better solution, though.

  6. Eric,

     

    If you can find a local shop they might carry the kenko tubes. I have the 25 kenko, and use it all the time. It is a great tube and works perfectly. I took a seminar taight by Joe Dimaggio, the Sprots Illustrated photographer and he recommended that when it came to tube go kenko, a lot cheaper, and they would work just as well. From my experience, he is right.

     

    I would loan it to you, but I have the same problem as BH. No way to get it there.

  7. What lens were you going to use it with?

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.