Well, I'm off to the Bahamas in a few weeks and the likelihood is that we might see Tigers. Yeah Baby!
Anyway, as this will be my first Tiger experience any tips for getting the best out of the exercise?
I'll be using the following: D70 in a Nexus Housing, Twin Inon Strobes - I have a few wide angle lenses and was also wondering what is the idea shark lens? I have the 10.5, 12-24 and also the 18-70. Any of these ideal or is there something better?
Any settings tips, positioning tips etc etc
Cheers,
Tim
If you'r on the Shearwater, then the wider the better!
If you'r on the Shearwater, then the wider the better!
I second this recommendation. Jimmy does an excellent briefing and they, if they arrive as scheduled, will cme in close really close. you might need to use the little white stick. Remember to bring black gloves and full dark colored wetsuit.
Lens-wise a 16m or 15mm is very popular on cropped sensor DSLRs. This is what Jim Abernethy uses most of the time.
Alex
You should do alright with the 10.5 and 12-24. You also might wish to consider trying out Alex Mustard's MAGIC FILTERS. Tiger Beach is an ideal location for using these. I was quite pleased with the results.
Good Luck!
Jett
Hey Tim,
Post when you get back, I'm going at the end of Feb.
Guess I'll take the 10.5, 12-24 and 17-55
On Shear Water with Jim Abernethy, go as wide as you can as the tigers get REAL close. Here's "Baby Cakes" bumping my dome!
Thanks All. I'd like a Nikon 16mm to add to the collection but TBH - I can't really justify another lens, especially as I've just bought a back-up body.
I'll be taking along a few Magic's as well - can't wait to try this with the sharks - lots of FPS without worrying about flash recharge speed.